. . . an eclectic mix of things I find beautiful, inspirational, important or just plain interesting . . .

02 October 2009

life in topanga

I don't do much posting about my home but I'm particularly proud of how the guest bedroom turned out.

I had been agonizing over the color, which is partly why it took a year to do this. Trying to break out of my rut of chartreuse, I finally settled on Ralph Lauren's COMPOSED - VM26, a mustard or gold color. The words came from the local sign shop. I had them done at the same time I did the bathroom door words.

But probably the best idea came from a book I purchased awhile back - "[the nest] home design handbook". In it they had the idea of doing just an accent wall - in a bedroom's case, behind the beds - but leaving a border. Not only did it give more of a purpose to just painting the one wall, but it was a whole lot easier than having to paint into the corners.


No comments:

Post a Comment