. . . an eclectic mix of things I find beautiful, inspirational, important or just plain interesting . . .

23 April 2009

Photographer . . . . fascinating





Amazing?
left you speechless?
It did to me ..
its the work of Shadi Ghadirian.. a Photographer from Iran..

" I am a woman and I live in Iran. I am a photographer and this is the only thing I know how to do. "
"...every time I think about a new series, in a way it is related to women."
"...It does not make a difference to me what place the Iranian woman has in the world because I am sure no one knows much about it. Perhaps the only mentality of an outsider about the Iranian woman is a black chador, however I try to portray all the aspects of the Iranian woman...."
..." a woman who one can not say to what time she belongs; a photograph from two eras; a woman who is dazed; a woman who is not connected to the objects in her possession. It was very natural that after marriage, vacuum cleaners and pots and pans find their way into my photographs; a woman with a different look, a woman who no matter in what part of the world she is living, still has these kinds of apprehensions. "
"The photographs are not authentic documentations but deal with current social issues. "
Shadi Ghadirian

No comments:

Post a Comment