. . . an eclectic mix of things I find beautiful, inspirational, important or just plain interesting . . .

20 September 2010

sony prop auction

Although it was designed as elegantly as a Craigslist posting, the recent two-day online auction of items from Sony Pictures' vast property department by liquidation firm R.L. Spear offered some incredible deals.

Among the finds: garden statuary, pots and Tiki heads, above left, and a rainbow of midcentury metal lawn chairs with shell shaped backs, above right, that is part of a huge stash of patio furniture. For adventuresome landscapers, there is a grove of lawn ornaments, traffic signs and parking meters.

Oddities such as a giant bear wielding a mallet and a black painted bust of Richard Nixon make the life-size bearded warlords, right, and phosphorus green bobbin chairs, far right, look tame.

I bid on two Kartel file cabinets, left, but a bidding war started and I couldn't compete. I lost out on the canvas army cots, right, by 50 cents because I wasn't paying attention - very sad.

So this is what I ended up with - nine garden pots, four of which I'm giving to the neighbors. I only paid $63 for all of them.

And here's what I've done with them so far:

Succulents on the lower stairway.

Coral Fountain at the front door.

And these I haven't figured what to do with yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment