. . . an eclectic mix of things I find beautiful, inspirational, important or just plain interesting . . .

09 March 2009

slipping past

An idea slipped past me just today after lunch.
It had sat for a long time on the edge of my awareness before it got bored and sailed out the door on a breeze so slight it felt like imagination.
Now I am having to find a butterfly net, large enough to catch it, but soft enough to keep the idea from unraveling or fraying about the edges.
The cowgirl in me wanted to just get a lasso and rope it up, so it would never escape me again.
Then I remembered that ideas require whispering, and a chance to come back on their own to live happily ever after in the stable of my mind and the house of my experience.

- Julie (my friend since before nursery school)

No comments:

Post a Comment